Platforms versus Plugins
In this blog, we will be looking at 4 different options for Plugins for your WordPress site. These are not listed in any specific order.
LearnPress starts off Free! I love when things start free, I mean, who doesn’t . For free, you get:
- Unlimited Courses, Students and Instructors
- Paypal payment option
- 3 Quiz Types
- Course results stored in the student’s profile
- Use with any theme
For $49-$69, You can choose their Theme Bundle with that bundle you get:
- Everything from the free version
- WooCommerce, Authorize.net & Stripe Payment Options
- Sell a membership or subscription
- More Quiz Options
- Content Drip
- Certificate Available>
- 1 LearnPress Theme of your choice
So, LearnPress has options…
The basic pricing starts at $159 annually. You get everything you need for this price, though.
- 1 Site License
- Unlimited Courses and Users
- Course Content Protection
- Content Drip
- Advanced Quizzing
- Email Notifications
If you need more site licenses, you would have to upgrade, but for $159, this is a pretty good deal. They also give you a template to start from. I love it when they give you examples.
WP Courseware is more popular. I know several people who use it and love it. It starts at $249 for a year and includes everything!
- Drag and drop course creation! Something you don’t see often.
- One-time payments, subscriptions, installments, bundles, and more!
- Automated emails
- They offer a demo and training materials as well.
Another excellent course plugin option.
It’s fascinating how LMS (Learning Management System), which was actually introduced in the 1990s, is not a commonly used term.
LifterLMS has a FREE plugin that you can use to create your course. It says it is an all-in-one solution, but I did not find a list of features. They do, however, have a video that looks like it has everything the other plugins offer.
I’m sure there are other plugin options out there, but these seem to be the most popular options.
I just want to note I do not use these plugins myself, but I have worked with sites that have used some of them.